Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht v Aironi - Match Thread - Sat 21/04/12

More
12 years 4 months ago #7076

Yeah it would be great to have someone do that from a distance. But thats not the role of a full back, if you want to put him in the wing or the center thats fine but you have got to have a natural full back who can win collisions in the air.

I'd rather have a natural full back like one of the three lads I said above than an outhalf playing full back. He's going to be targeted and with the wind as vicious as it is in the Sportsground you need a natural 15 whos incredibly comfortable there. You gotta remember too that Duffy has used the Garryowen as a weapon this year for making yards. Layden did it too during the U20 6 nations. Tiernan has had a couple of his own nice kick and chases too.

I'd be in favour of trying him out there during preseason to see how he manages that position. But I'd rather him somewhere else in the backline, 15 is just too precious a position for Connacht to give to a flyhalf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #7089

With versatility often being the kiss of death, if I were Jarvis I'd only make a switch if my intentions were to make it more permanent. If his heart is not in it he will be useless at wing, centre or fullback, but if he does decide to make a change I see no reason why he can't make it work at fullback. Any flyhalf worth his salt should be comfortable fielding kicks and if he can't manage a Garryowen he doesn't have much of a future especially not with Eric.

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
12 years 4 months ago #7180

Hi lads,

Managed to get all the photos together and write up the article on the table quiz and the forum. Check them out on the front page. Links to their respective galleries are also in there.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life
The following user(s) said Thank You: sea_point, overstrander, connachtexile

logo