Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Niall O'Connor

More
12 years 7 months ago #5582

PODs passes were poor that night and in fact in other previous nights.
All the passes were up above face height and took an age to get there with a looping trajectory.
Very dangerous and very predictable.
Moores passes are faster and with a straghter trajectory. Almost Stringer like.
He is the man to be starting at 9 no question.
He really speeds up the game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• connachtexile
  • connachtexile's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
12 years 7 months ago #5800

Out with a hairline fracture in the Skull they don't know how long for. Tough on the guy as he was hitting some sort of form. Will be interesting to see how Jarvis and Nikora do. I for one will be keeping an eye on Nikora as the forgotten man he needs to remind us of what he's capable of.

Stuck in Oz with no slippers

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 7 months ago #5801

And to think after our first ever HEC game the UK press who didn't know who Nikora was praised him to the skies when he started against Harlequins.

Justice 4 Faruk

• connachtexile
  • connachtexile's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
12 years 7 months ago #5802

i have a short memory.

Stuck in Oz with no slippers

More
12 years 6 months ago #6134

Anyone know if Noc is out for rest of season or how he is doing injury wise?

Have to say he has grown on me through the season although im still not his no1 fan.

• Edward Eagle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #7766

Whats the story with Niall O'Connor? he's not replying to my tweets - feels like a breakup :unsure:

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 4 months ago #7767

Wouldn't expect any player to give out contract details before any official announcements.

Justice 4 Faruk

More
12 years 4 months ago #7770

I get the feeling that there may be some kind of deal to be cut here with Ulster. That Pienaar chap they have should make up for the loss.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Borders no.2

More
12 years 4 months ago #7771

niall o connor has more threads on here than points he scored all season.

rrrrrrrr, makes my head spin. can we not write in the one of the 20 already here.
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. if it was about mul or swift i wouldnt mind because there legends but niall. no

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 4 months ago #7775

swift4prez wrote: niall o connor has more threads on here than points he scored all season.

rrrrrrrr, makes my head spin. can we not write in the one of the 20 already here.
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. if it was about mul or swift i wouldnt mind because there legends but niall. no

Your wish is..... ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: swift4prez, connachtexile

• Edward Eagle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 4 months ago #7849

Had it confirmed that the guy we can't mention has indeed agreed to go back north

More
12 years 3 months ago #7948

Hope not think we should hold onto Niall he has potential just don't think his heart was in it with us last year only for some of bigger games and he needs to alter his kicking style.
Im liking the few additions to the squad so far they are a real step up delighted we got Harris wright great player. Instill some further serious pride in our crest and jersey and get the academy providing a core and sky's the limit.We could do with a serious SH I don't know how many times Iv seen Murphy shuffling snail like back after a mistake he just goes through the motions, not good enough IMO. Back row looking like it can do a job with Faloon coming in. Couple more quality additions hopefully. Gear by rugby tech is quality just don't get the green no affinity with connacht, i know it sounds trivial but make it match the flag either blue white or black or combo all these small things help build a top notch brand and stop sticking the likes of swift/ Muldoon in jerseys to advertise, its like a couple of bigfoots on the front of a sporty mazda. Ok all done :)

• sea_point
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 3 months ago #7950

Devils own wrote: Hope not think we should hold onto Niall he has potential just don't think his heart was in it with us last year only for some of bigger games and he needs to alter his kicking style.
Im liking the few additions to the squad so far they are a real step up delighted we got Harris wright great player. Instill some further serious pride in our crest and jersey and get the academy providing a core and sky's the limit.We could do with a serious SH I don't know how many times Iv seen Murphy shuffling snail like back after a mistake he just goes through the motions, not good enough IMO. Back row looking like it can do a job with Faloon coming in. Couple more quality additions hopefully. Gear by rugby tech is quality just don't get the green no affinity with connacht, i know it sounds trivial but make it match the flag either blue white or black or combo all these small things help build a top notch brand and stop sticking the likes of swift/ Muldoon in jerseys to advertise, its like a couple of bigfoots on the front of a sporty mazda. Ok all done :)

No affinfity with Connacht? Except that it's been the colour of Connacht Rugby jerseys for all of my 45 years on this planet and beyond. With only four provinces we need to be distinguishable in the wider market outside of Conancht itself and the Green Jeersey does that in Spades (much like Munster = Red, Leinster = Blue & Ulster = White)...

There's no going back in terms of the jersey colour now, Blue is a non starter for obvious reasons and trying to get agreement between the county factions on a compromiose colour would be pointless and a waste of energy and resource....

More
12 years 3 months ago #7953

Ya and we have been treated badly for 50 years aswell probably told by IRFU you guys can have green because you'll be envious of the money we will be giving to the other provinces. Not a huge deal, fresh start making our own choices would be good. We don't simply have to have all blue it can be a mix of blue white and black whichever. I'd like to see my flags colours but it probably won't happen like you said.

More
12 years 3 months ago #7954

i fear a fisherman has entered our waters!

keep clear of them worms lads, they have hooks in them.

surprised you were hooked so easily seapoint!

The following user(s) said Thank You: swift4prez

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 3 months ago #7955

Devils own wrote: Ya and we have been treated badly for 50 years aswell probably told by IRFU you guys can have green because you'll be envious of the money we will be giving to the other provinces. Not a huge deal, fresh start making our own choices would be good. We don't simply have to have all blue it can be a mix of blue white and black whichever. I'd like to see my flags colours but it probably won't happen like you said.

Are you new to Connacht rugby? While blue and white are the colours of the Connacht flag, and also the Connacht GAA colours, green has been the Connacht colour for decades. There has been no more a case of the IRFU throwing Connacht a bone with the colour choice any more than them 'choosing' white for Ulster when it 'should' be yellow, or green for Leinster or blue for Munster.

I'm all for being annoyed when we're being badly treated, but inventing offence when there is none never helped our cause.

I'm all for a blue/white/black change strip, though. The all black strip, while nice, has been done to death and has no real connection to Connacht..

Justice 4 Faruk
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by ummm,.
The following user(s) said Thank You: connachtexile

logo