Clan Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon App v2.0

  • ummm,
  • ummm,'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #23466

Hey folks,

It's taken around four months, but the all new Clan app for iOS is now available on the App Store. Enjoy.


Justice 4 Faruk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom, Decadence, overstrander

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • sea_point
  • sea_point's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Praetorian Guard
More
6 years 8 months ago #23467

ummm, wrote: Hey folks,

It's taken around four months, but the all new Clan app for iOS is now available on the App Store. Enjoy.


What are the new highlights for us Android users, what we missing...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Diom
  • Diom's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
6 years 8 months ago #23468

Thanks ummm,! It is the one thing that would make buy an iOS device!
I've stuck the news up on FB too. :)


A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ummm,
  • ummm,'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #23470

sea_point wrote:

ummm, wrote: Hey folks,

It's taken around four months, but the all new Clan app for iOS is now available on the App Store. Enjoy.


What are the new highlights for us Android users, what we missing...?


There's actually very little in the way of new stuff, but there's been a big rewrite in terms of layout and presentation for iOS 7.

But I've managed to integrate the app with google places, so I've been able to include a map for every destination in the pro12, so fans can find places to stay, eat and drink in Swansea, Glasgow, Parma, etc.

On top of that, thanks to Google being just another tech behemoth with more lawyers than sense I had to completely remove the Apple Maps code and replace it with the Google Maps development library. Took a while that, especially because I didn't want to do it, so I spent a month integrating Yelp instead of Google Places before it became clear Yelp was pants, so I had to restart from scratch.

But anyway, for each away trip, if there's a bar that's designated the Clan hangout I can add it to the map with the clan badge so everyone with the app knows where to meet up with the travelling Connacht support.

Apart from that, not much. Which is a bloody horrible thing to admit after 4 months of work, but rewriting and redesigning the app for iOS 7 was a lot of work.

Edit:
Also forgot to say we now link to rugbygroundguide.com for each stadium (except Musgrave, which they don't have a guide to for some reason) and they've let us use their stadium images in return.


Justice 4 Faruk
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by ummm,.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diom, sea_point, Shelflife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #23471

ummm, wrote:

sea_point wrote:

ummm, wrote: Hey folks,

It's taken around four months, but the all new Clan app for iOS is now available on the App Store. Enjoy.


What are the new highlights for us Android users, what we missing...?


There's actually very little in the way of new stuff, but there's been a big rewrite in terms of layout and presentation for iOS 7.

But I've managed to integrate the app with google places, so I've been able to include a map for every destination in the pro12, so fans can find places to stay, eat and drink in Swansea, Glasgow, Parma, etc.

On top of that, thanks to Google being just another tech behemoth with more lawyers than sense I had to completely remove the Apple Maps code and replace it with the Google Maps development library. Took a while that, especially because I didn't want to do it, so I spent a month integrating Yelp instead of Google Places before it became clear Yelp was pants, so I had to restart from scratch.

But anyway, for each away trip, if there's a bar that's designated the Clan hangout I can add it to the map with the clan badge so everyone with the app knows where to meet up with the travelling Connacht support.

Apart from that, not much. Which is a bloody horrible thing to admit after 4 months of work, but rewriting and redesigning the app for iOS 7 was a lot of work.


Where do I find it. When I type in Connacht Clan I'm getting' no results ' :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ummm,
  • ummm,'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #23472

Are you looking on the App Store or google play?


Justice 4 Faruk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #23474

ummm, wrote: Are you looking on the App Store or google play?

App Store

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ummm,
  • ummm,'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #23475

Are you still using ios 6? It's only available on ios 7


Justice 4 Faruk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #23476

ummm, wrote: Are you still using ios 6? It's only available on ios 7

Can get in on my iPhone but not my ipad! Both running ios7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ummm,
  • ummm,'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #23477

It's not iPad compatible, only iPhone. You're not seeing it on the iPad because you're probably looking at the "iPad only" results. There should be an option to see all hits, but it won't look good on the iPad.

Looks ok on the iPad mini, though.


Justice 4 Faruk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #23488

Thanks Ummm. Appreciate the clarification. Looks good on the iPhone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ummm,
  • ummm,'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
6 years 8 months ago #23503

Cool,glad you like it.

Version 2.1 coming very soon.


Justice 4 Faruk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

logo