Clan Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Ireland and Wolfhounds

More
8 months 1 day ago #64631

Or Quinn Rouw as the Indo is calling him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 22 hours ago #64632

overstrander wrote: Or Quinn Rouw as the Indo is calling him.


If he has one older sibling then he would be the Second Rouw. ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: overstrander, Sol_ie, connemara man, DrFreako

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 14 hours ago #64633

cabaiste wrote:

overstrander wrote: Or Quinn Rouw as the Indo is calling him.


If he has one older sibling then he would be the Second Rouw. ;)


Banned.


Committee Member
Email: shanes@connachtclan.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonanL, superconnacht7, cabaiste

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #64652

I see our old friend, and much-decorated and loved former Irish international Captain, Brian O'Driscoll trumpeting Henshaw over Bundee for the No12 shirt against England.
Wank@r.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #64661

Betty Swallocks wrote: I see our old friend, and much-decorated and loved former Irish international Captain, Brian O'Driscoll trumpeting Henshaw over Bundee for the No12 shirt against England.
Wank@r.


To be fair a lot of people would have Robbie and Ringrose as Ireland first choice centres. O'Driscoll is entitled to his opinion as much as anyone else.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Newname

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #64676

He also spoke about how Bundee was the only ever present in the centre last year, and didn't put a foot wrong as well as highlighting the fact that Bundee and Robbie had a great partnership here. His overall point was that we have serious strength and depth in the centre, and that it will be a tough decision, but his starting pairing would be Henshaw and Ringrose. Fair enough really. So, not a w$%^er IMO.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Connnnnacht, Aidanmc3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #64677

I didn't read it, but I'd bet he managed to say it all without personally abusing anyone. And if he had, he would have been literate enough to put the @ in the right place.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonanL, Fordie, Connnnnacht, superconnacht7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64800

I see talk of Joe starting Robbie at full back, with Bundee at inside center. Very interesting. It's only speculation at this point obviously. I'm not sure how I'd feel about it - Robbie was excellent for us at full back, but I feel like he's morphed physically since then so I just don't know if he'd have the same aerial presence.

www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/internati...st-england-1.3775279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64801

Watched Leinster v Scarlets last weekend, and Kearney was an absolute liability, just back from injury and clearly not close to match fit. I'm sure he'll be back later in the championship.

On the other hand it might be Kearney plays, and the Dublin meeja (belatedly realising Henshaw hasn't a prayer of shifting Aki) want to characterise this as Henshaw missing out to Kearney, rather than as their having a Brexiteer-like inability to read which way the wind is blowing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64806

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there Salmson. Some red faces in the Dublin meeja if Bundee actually starts at 12 on Saturday. Surprised to see Joe Schmidt considering starting Henshaw at 15 on Saturday before Larmour or Addison as alternatives to Kearney. It must be said though that 15 is probably the Athlone man's best position and he could provide cover at 12 and at 15 in the final World Cup squad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64807

I think it's obvious that the Dublin media underestimate Joe's loyalty to proven players, particularly if said player happens to represent Connacht provincially. Bundee has been almost ever present since he made his debut for Ireland, and he hasn't put a foot wrong, diligently working the Joe system, despite his natural love of an offload. It was the exact same scenario when Murray was injured. Kieran had never failed Joe, but yet the media were convinced Luke McGrath was going to slot in there. I personally think Schmidt does a good job at balancing loyalty vs form. If someone is setting the world alight provincially, then they'll get a chance, but if it's a close run thing, then the tried/tested player will get the nod, especially in big games.

Having said that, I do wonder if Robbie still has it at full back. It looks like we won't have to wait long to find out!

The following user(s) said Thank You: BeardySi, Padkir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64808

Here's the danger:
Robbie plays a blinder at fullback and is retained there. Inevitably he must then switch to 15 for Leinster, leaving a hole in their midfield. Following lengthy analysis of the shape of said void using finely calibrated calipers on silhouettes projected on bar-room walls, the finest geometrists in the Royal Dublin Society will announce with great aplomb their expert conclusion that the shape concerned is a Bundeegon.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonanL, Fordie, BeardySi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64809

Young Conor o brien looks ready to break through at 12. They also have frawley, tomane, Reid, o Laughlin and hackshaw coming through as u20 captain. I think Leinster will be fine at 12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64811

pinky wrote: Here's the danger:
Robbie plays a blinder at fullback and is retained there. Inevitably he must then switch to 15 for Leinster, leaving a hole in their midfield. Following lengthy analysis of the shape of said void using finely calibrated calipers on silhouettes projected on bar-room walls, the finest geometrists in the Royal Dublin Society will announce with great aplomb their expert conclusion that the shape concerned is a Bundeegon.


I'm pretty sure Bundee doesn't have a girlfriend in Dublin, so we should be safe enough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64812

salmson wrote:

pinky wrote: Here's the danger:
Robbie plays a blinder at fullback and is retained there. Inevitably he must then switch to 15 for Leinster, leaving a hole in their midfield. Following lengthy analysis of the shape of said void using finely calibrated calipers on silhouettes projected on bar-room walls, the finest geometrists in the Royal Dublin Society will announce with great aplomb their expert conclusion that the shape concerned is a Bundeegon.


I'm pretty sure Bundee doesn't have a girlfriend in Dublin, so we should be safe enough.


:whistle: :whistle:


@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: superconnacht7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #64814

Great to see Bundee and Quinn in the 23 to face England. Caolin Blade can't have been too far away from debuting from the bench either, and hopefully he'll get a run out against either Scotland or Italy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

logo